Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Kabuki Sushi Lounge


 A newly opened restaurant in the Shops at Don Mills area is hidden in one of the corners. I have very high expectations when it comes to enjoying food in this upscale area. Most of the restaurants at Shops really do not disappoint, especially if you are looking for a first date idea.






The decor and space is really open and comfortable. We did make reservations and at first they placed us at a table near the door, but when we asked to move further into the restaurant the hostess was very accommodating. The spicy tuna salad was one of the very interesting dishes we wanted to try. It features a cucumber that wraps around some tuna and avocado (there were probably much more inside that I could not remember). I felt that the cucumber really overwhelmed the other flavours so I did take out one of the layers. The karrage chicken with the spicy mayo sauce was astounding. However, I would not pay the price for fried chicken.



Surprisingly, the salmon sushi set took much longer than the rest. This was a great disappointment. It did not taste better than an all you can eat, nor was it anything special. 


The restaurant is a great for a first-timer but I wouldn't go again. We spent about $50 for 2 people that night, which seems to be pretty reasonable. Although there wasn't much service, I did enjoy how quiet and how bright it was. Usually restaurants these days try to have a very intimate setting. All in all, I would rate this 3/5 stars. Nothing special, but nothing too disappointing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment