Monday, August 3, 2015

Birthdays: Hapa Izakaya


This is a belated post of my friend's birthday dinner! We went to Hapa Izakaya (as they also offered a Summerlicious menu). I have learned that ordering from this "special" menus of most restaurants, I usually walk out disappointed. I did also order off of the regular menu to make sure that I get a good taste of the restaurant.


Service wasn't the best, I would have to say. Our server was very hesitant to fulfill our requests. However, we were a group of 14/15 people that the poor girl had to serve alone. For whatever reason she received no help. We did leave the restaurant about 2.5 hours or so later. The food took very, very long to come which is why it prolonged our stay.



Most of the food weren't very great. We ordered the torched lobster roll to share. I'm not a big fan of sashimi, or a slimy texture, so the rolls weren't fantastic to me. Some people did enjoy the sauce that accompanied the rolls.


To be honest, most of the food was not worth mentioning. But if you were to order dessert, please order the Japple (gyoza + apple pie)! Definitely something different, but would it have been worth $8 (as stated on the regular menu), probably not. They also had the option of sesame ice cream which was super amazing.


My recommendation is to save your money (and time) to go somewhere else besides this restaurant. It has a very very high rating on Yelp, but I'm not sure I can agree with the reviews that are on there. Perhaps if we arrived with a smaller table that it would be a different experience. 2/5 Stars for them just because they did have aspects of the food that was worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment