Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Winterlicious: Coppi Ristorante

 This post is a little bit long over-due. We visited Coppi for Winterlicious and to my surprise, it was quite pleasant. Usually for Winterlicious/Summerlicious events the menu is very appealing, but the food does not match up to what they normally serve. So to my surprise, everything was pretty delicious.
 We got there on a snowy evening around 6pm. In the picture you can see that it was quite empty. It did fill up afterwards around 7 and it was very packed. They had many waiters and servers so there wasn't one particular person that really took care of us. It reminded me of a Chinese restaurant where everyone is running around trying to tend to every table's needs. 
 The ambiance was very lovely and the tables were placed far enough from each other that you were able to hear the next table's conversation. I absolutely love the decor and the art on the wall was very fascinating. The wheel racks (teal/pink wall art) made the space a bit more modern and chic, almost cafe-like.
 I don't have much to say about the bread except for the fact that it's bread. The herbs and oil did not really enhance any flavours nor did it make it taste terrible. I do wish that it was a bit warmer though, it came out being semi-cold. 

I had a butternut squash soup (or their daily soup) and to be honest I didn't expect anything. It's very good without any chunky bits. Some restaurants don't puree it well enough and it can be gritty, but I love how the texture of the butternut squash was still there but it was very smooth.



This papardelle had to be my most favourite throughout the night though. It has duck breast on top and a few spices. According to the waiters, they only use a couple of spices to make their dishes. How in love was I??! It balanced all the flavours beautifully. It was not too salty, nor was there one particular overpowering flavour!


Desserts is my favourite part of any meal and I was excited to try the apple tart. I was expecting a tart with apples on it but instead this was more pie like. Since it was more of a pie, I expected it to be warm but that was not the case. Instead it was dry and too sweet for my liking. 



Tiramisus are not my favourite but I decided to give this one a go anyways. I believe it's how soft and soggy they usually are compared to an angel cake for example. To someone who might love this dessert it was very good. I on the other hand would have preferred something without so much coffee flavour. All in all, I would rate this restaurant 3/5. The main courses are the ones that matter the most, and I would definitely come back for another round - probably not for a licious event though.

No comments:

Post a Comment