Saturday, October 18, 2014

Sariwon Korean BBQ


Sariwon Korean BBQ is located in Thornhill close to K-Town. We got there around 7:30 pm and left closer to 9 pm, whilst there were still many people enjoying their food there! First look at the menu (which I wish I had taken a picture of) was slightly confusing. For their BBQ option, you have to order a minimum of 2 orders.  

 I'm the type of person that likes variety. But being limited to choosing the same type of meat was slightly frustrating. Also on top of that most of the meat was at least $20 and over. I don't exactly want to pay for the same order twice if I am not getting variety. That slightly (sarcasm) disappointed me. We were seated in a corner in another room so it was hard to flag someone down.
When we finally placed our order of pork belly, the waitress laid down the meat for us. One good thing is that there is a fan beneath the grill that sucked the air so when you leave the restaurant you don't have that BBQ smell. Also the rack allowed the fat to drip down to make it slightly healthier unlike Chako's where it was just drowned in fat. 

 The meat wasn't seasoned so they provided us with some type of sauce to dip it in. Also if you preferred the lettuce option instead of rice it seems to be healthier. I enjoyed the experience a lot and the food can probably be rated 3.6/5 but I would not go back solely for the lack of variety. I felt that we were forced to pick specific meat at a decent price...or else it would have been $30+ for one person!  

No comments:

Post a Comment