Thursday, June 2, 2016

Kiu Japanese



I went to Kiu with a friend for lunch and was surprised that there were 2 long tables already reserved. The restaurant is located at the relatively new Cineplex theatre in Markham - located across from the Goodlife Fitness Center. I must say, the interior was on point though.


The menu does state that the fish is flown in from the Fish Market from Japan twice weekly (or could have been 3 times), but I wasn't about to trust it. Instead I settled for a ramen.



Mine was just a normal Shoyu Ramen and my friend had a black dragon. It had explicitly said on the menu that it is filled with spices - and boy were they right! Both ramens were pretty good, but wouldn't say to die for.

 However, the chicken karagge is definitely something you should try. The chicken wasn't oily and had a very nice moist texture to it. Can't forget about the mayo that comes with it - this dish got me pretty excited.




Overall, it was a pretty good experience if you're looking for a quick ramen fix. I wouldn't make the effort to go back, but because of it's convenient location I might just have to go back to try their other dishes. 3/4 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment